Whats a good all purpose cleaning product you would recommend for use around infants?

Something safe that I can use to disinfect his toys/bouncer/etc. My friend is giving me lectures over using diluted bleach? I try to hand wash what I can & machine wash stuffed things but some things need good disinfecting!? Thanks!

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 10:33 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lysol
    Anonymous

• Diluted bleach is fine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:38 PM on May. 16, 2009

• As long as you allow it to dry, it will be fine. One cap full of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:39 PM on May. 16, 2009

• vinegar and water
    Anonymous

• Hot soapy water works great.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Not sure what it is called. I believe it is Melaluca.....something like that. This company sells all kids of detergents, cleaners, etc. that is child friendly. A kid could actually drink the cleaners and be safe. My boss was just telling me about it.
    theboysmom311

Answer by theboysmom311 at 10:47 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Hand wash and launder what you can...for the rest, use white vinegar and water (1 part vinegar to 1 part water) in a spray bottle. I use it to clean just about everything in the house.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I use Dr. bonners soap mixed in a water bottle and tea tree oil
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:56 PM on May. 16, 2009

• thanks everyone for the great tips! I appreciate all the responses!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2009

• "Holly Cow" clearner works wonderful it is natural, biodegradable, nontoxic, VOC free, organic also and this is a MUST when picking a cleaner it meets the USDA food and safety standards. But the best part Mom is that it works great and it is under 5 dollars a bottle. 3 types to pick from and I use all 3 the pink will clean ANYTHING good luck Mom! Also I pick this up at my local Fry's super market so know extra trip to the hippie store is needed lol Cheers!
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 2:00 AM on May. 17, 2009