I am soooooo tired.

I am sooooo tired of feeling alone. I am 6 1/2 months pregnant. And am single. I'm just wondering how you moms out there do it? I'm not quite a mom yet. Sometimes I am really excited about what is to come, other times I feel like a horrible human being for bringing a baby in the world, who will not have a family. The father has done nothing but confuse me throughout the pregnancy. I moved in with him for a while, and things were o.k., but I quickly got tired of feeling like he was just a body in the same room. Not a being with thoughts, emotions, and so on. Then he stopped giving me money to buy food, and things so I moved back in with my parents. Now that I am here he still does contact me on occasion, but basically just asks "How are you?". None of that "I love you, and I want you to move back in with me" stuff... I guess if he really felt that way he wouldn't have let me move out in the 1st place. Any advice here? *Thanks*

Shekinbliss

Asked by Shekinbliss at 10:40 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Aw hun i know how you feel. been there done that. Just surround yourself with friends and family. screw the daddy. it will only make your life more stressful. do things that will keep you occupied and happy. dont give him the time of day.
    Anonymous

• Well, you will not have time to feel alone in a few months. I was a single mom for along time and it is hard. You have an uphill battle, but later in life once things settle down you will miss the days that you had to come up with ideas on fun things to do with no money, and eating ramen noodles at midnight when your baby finally goes to sleep. It is only as bad as you let it be. You can't change things, nor can you change the way baby daddy feels. Move on with your life for you and your child. Live life to the fullest and never forget how hard it was to get where you want to be and you will be just fine! Good Luck!
    theboysmom311

Answer by theboysmom311 at 10:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• he showed his true colors now get out there and go to school and meet folks and stay busy. Summer school might be just the thing to keep you occupied. You could take some parenting classes or child psychology classes or employability classes or something. Just make plans for your future. Take care of yourself. Get on food stamps (yes you can get them living at home), get on WIC, get on medicaid. Prepare for the future. Dont' sit and pine over him. You have too much to do!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Hey I know how you feel. I was in that same boat with my daughter (my husband is her stepdad). This baby will be a blessing to you. It won't be easy but its all worth it. There are ways as the other moms had stated that things will work out for you. You don't need the dad if he isn't showing you the love that you need. It sounds like your family is supporting you and will help you that is great. I was living with my dad and stepmom when I was pregnant. My daughter and I were living there for a while.
    Msshe

Answer by Msshe at 10:13 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Thank you for the responses!! It really does help... I've tried to stay in contact with the dad, because he does with me. I am just sooooo tired of his lame excuses!!! The back and forth stuff really drives me crazy. He'll ask how I'm doing, but not say "I love you" and want a relationship or anything like that. I think it is just for the sake of the baby. I really don't know. Sometimes I wish he would just fall off the face of the planet... But then again, not, because I'll need the child support. LoL I'm tired of feeling like I'm on some damn rollercoaster ride. I have the support of my parents. And I talk to other guys that are just so nice and seem to treat me better. But I feel bad that the baby won't be born into a happy marriage type of setting. It sucks. :( I just hope this get's better! I've been told that once a relationship has ended that 99% of the time it won't work again???
    Shekinbliss

Answer by Shekinbliss at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2009