those who had their second when the first was about 3 1/2

did you get a double stroller? and if so did you actually use it? i mean shes in a stroller sometimes but not alot so i don't know that'd it'd be worth it...so any advice?

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:45 PM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Trust me it's worth it I used one and they're helpful . Get the light weight ones they come alot smaller now a days..
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I would get a moby wrap to carry baby and then just use your single stroller, cost effective! Carrier's also are awesome for baby!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My last 2 are 3 1/2 years apart and we had a double stroller from when the older kids were little but the only one that ever used the stroller was the baby unless we were going on really long walks. Then all 3 older kids fought over it. My youngest is 3 now and we haven't used the stroller in months. She walks everywhere.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Mine are 2 years apart, but I wanted to suggest that you look at your local craigslist for a used double stroller. We got ours on there and it saved us a lot of money compared to buying it new.
    Austinka

Answer by Austinka at 2:32 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We bought a double when my 2nd was born, yes, with 16m difference between the two.. And we've actually only used it twice!- And We have four now, 16m between each one. I'd call it a waste unless you use your single stroller OFTEN.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My son was 3 years and 4 months when I had my DD. I had a standing tandem stroller and STILL use it 18 months later. I love it.     It is not horribly heavy for a double and it is easy to menuver through crowds and door ways.  This is what I have >> http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_caboose.php

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My youngest are 2 1/2 years apart. I never got a double stroller. In the beginning I put the baby in the bjorn and pushed my daughter. There were a few times I wished I had a double, but not that often. It worked out fine for us without one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:02 PM on May. 18, 2009