ovulation test strips...yay or nah???

I just bought like a million boxes today because they were on sale at target! Has anyone else used these and did they work as well as the " completely real" reviews people gave online...I looked for a whole hour and couldn't find one person unsatisfied. So I wanted to ask REAL moms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I hate them. I did them for two months and never got a positive test. I am in pharmaceutical sales and I talked to a few doctors about them. They can detect a LH surge. However, they are used once a day and a surge can be gone in 12 hours. So, if you don't take it at the exact right time you won't ever get a positive test. I just had a lot of sex. Every other day for two weeks. I was pregnant that month. Good luck. They are not even close as accurate as pregnancy tests.
    Anonymous

• For me, they were useless. I have an irregular period so really, the only way they'd work for me is if I were to use them daily. If you're regular, I'm sure they work. But if you're regular, it seems that you'd be able to predict ovulation on your own. Just my thoughts..

I have heard of others that have used them successfully.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 4:12 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I used them and I got an LH surge my first month using them and got pregnant that month too! It came in handy because I ovulated on Day 18 and if I hadn't gotten that positive I probably wouldn't have done the baby dance!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 7:10 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i have PCOS and they are totally useless... i told my dr that i got some to use and she just chuckled and said not to waste my money on them... some people those things work for. they dont for me. but i dont ovulate every month, so maybe the months i used them i just didnt ovulate. its said the best time to use them is in the afternoon, NOT first pee in the morning.
    like a pp said if you are regular you could figure it out on your own. and there are a lot of sites you can enter in your LMP date and it will give you some days of when you are most fertile, or will ovulate.
    a "safe" bet on good days to BD... CD10-CD21 every other day.
    GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 18, 2009