How can I reduce my chances of pregnancy induced hypertention?

My doctor says that if my blood pressure goes up at the end of my pregnancy that she will induce me but I do NOT want to be induced. I want a natural birth and I don't want pitocin coursing through my veins making my delivery hell again.

Any suggestions on reducing my chances of developing high blood pressure?

My birth instruction gave me lots of information on getting enough protien and the link between a pregnant women not getting adaquet protien (75-80 grams a day) and developing high blood pressure. I've been following the pregnancy diet from my prenatal class that's supposed to help you stay low risk but I just want all the information I can get.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do the brewers pregnancy diet http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/ They have checklists and help for you to do it on the site. also look into a midwife
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I forgot about that website. It's the same one my birth instructor gave me. I didn't remember until I saw it.

THANK YOU!
    Anonymous

• I just looked at my notes from class and I think that's actually the diet I'm already following.

It's 4 cups of milk, 2 eggs, 2-6 servings of protien, 2 servings of dark leafy veggies, 5 whole grains, 2 servings of Vitamin C foods, 5 servings of fats and oils, and 1 serving of vitamin A food.

I'll definately still look at the website but I think this is the diet because in the book it has the website and says "thanks to the late Dr. Tom Brewer.
    Anonymous