Im finally 6 months pregnant tommorrow and i work at a nuring home as a cna and i dont feel my baby girl move that much is that because im moving around and bending over a lot and lifting people. is that normal. Im kinda of worried. What should i do. I have a twenty pound weight limit and my boss is still makeing me lift over twenty pounds .what should i do.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 11:25 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The 20 lb thing is hogwash if you have no complications. People carry around kids that are heavier than 20lbs. You'll be fine
    Anonymous

• Get a FMLA form from your doctor saying what your weight restriction is. It is AGAINST the law for your employer to make you put yourself of your baby in danger.
    Anonymous

• or not of***
    Anonymous

• Annon #2 is right, go to doc and tell them what's going on. They can help you! This isn't a safety concern for you, it's for your baby and your employer needs to comply!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am also a cna and when i get really busy i dont notice it But when i get really worried i down a BIG glass of very very cold water and lay on my back for awhile and watch my belly and when i feel more then five movements im not worried anymore. I know how being a cna is and it sucks sometimes but its alright dude you will be alright.
    momma2b060509

Answer by momma2b060509 at 11:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• tell your employer to fuck off.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• your doc will give you a note with restrictions, all you have to do is ask. i had to get one cuz my limit is 25 lbs. and i work at sams club, they require you being able to lift at least 40 lbs.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:14 AM on May. 17, 2009

• oh, and if they try to fire you or lay you off then you can take them to court, that's discrimination
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:16 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Do you feel the baby move when you're relaxing at home? It's very common not to feel a lot of movement when you're busy, plus your movements can lull baby to sleep. As far as the lifting thing, if you have a Drs note with your limitation they can't make you lift more than that or discriminate against you, but it is okay for most women to lift more than that. Most toddlers weigh in the 30lb range and are carried around by their pregnant moms. Just be careful with how you are lifting and don't go too crazy with it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I worked as a CNa with my fist up until I was 8 1/2 months. I was put in a unit that did not require much lifting with a doctors note. I wouldn't feel her move either since I still had to do a lot of walking answering call lights and what not. As soon as I sat down or got home after an 8 hour shift and sat she moved a lot. I wouldn't over do it if I were you. The reason being is, I remember coming home one night and just laid on the couch and watched my stomach move in all directions lol she did a complete 360,. Not good since they are suppose to descend and have their head down that late in pregnancy. I called my doctor and he told me to come in the next morning. Sure enough her head was by my ribs. He said that was my baby telling me to take it easy. I had a c-section since she did not fully turn and had other complications. Just be careful!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:03 AM on May. 17, 2009