what are some toys that help baby learn to walk? My daughter is 10 months shes starting to pull up and stand so I want to get something to help her begin those first steps...any suggestions?

NewMom716

Asked by NewMom716 at 11:25 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't remember the name of the toy but the child pushes it while taking steps my kids had it a long time ago but they still make a similar style of it ..
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 11:28 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I found the name they sell it at Toys R Us

Playskool Busy Basics - Step Start Walk 'n Ride
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 11:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• uhm, a walker... hello
    Anonymous

• person above me I wasnt talking about a walker you idiot....
    NewMom716

Answer by NewMom716 at 11:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Don't get a walker. They actually delay a child who is just learning to walk. Get a toy that she holds onto and walks behind. Here are two examples:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_t?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=walker+toy
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:56 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Like the others above me mentioned.. get something your daughter can walk behind. Make sure to find something with stiff wheels so she doesn't fall flat on her face! We have a dumptruck for my son to push around and he loves it. He walks like a pro now! Good luck and have fun :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 4:36 AM on May. 17, 2009

• When my son started to pull up my mom bought him a toy he pushes it and walks behind it was a toy rocket from the little einsteins he loved it he still does because it has all kinds of buttons to push and it lights up and plays music plus on the back of it it has thing that kind of drags the ground so it doesnt tip over
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 7:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• There are a lot of "push toys" that help babies walk. Unfortunatly, a lot of them have too much on them and are actually a distraction to baby and they end up playing with the other featers rather than push it. I'd recommend finding the simpliest push toy you can. They make shopping carts that don't make noise or have anythign fancy. that might help. I used the lion push toy that converts to a ride on toy. you push the nose and it lights up. DD spend msot fo the time playing with the lions face! Once started walking, she liked it more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I've been wondering the same thing! My almost 8m old is pulling to stand... I've read to find a toy that is heavy enough so that baby doesn't push it foward to fast and face-plant into the floor! Nah to the walkers... although most of us had them as babies, they've been shown to often be the cause of "toe walkers."
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:53 AM on May. 17, 2009

• ANY THING THAT CAN BE DRAGGED.TOY R US HAS LOTS OF PUSHING TOYS. NOTHING IN SPECIFIC , JUST NOT A WALKER , SOMETHING THAT YOUR BABY CAN LET GO WHEN HE/SHE WANTS TO. IT DOESN'T EVN HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL LET IT GO WITH JUST A LIL PRACTICE. MY DAUGHTER HAD A LITTLE STAND UP PIANO. SHE USED TO DRAG THAT TO GET EVERYWHERE. I DONT KNOW WHERE SHE GOT THAT IDEA, BUT SHE WAS GONE.
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 1:13 PM on May. 17, 2009