Me and husband is working on the babys room is it safe to scape wallpaper off the wall.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 11:27 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should be ok. Don't paint, though. The fumes are horrible!
    Anonymous

• You should be fine. If you paint just make sure the windows are open. I painted while I was pregnant & no harm came to my children.
    Anonymous

• The actual act of scraping the wall paper is fine BUT if you are using wall paper remover which is essentially paint thinner than the fumes are NOT OK and you need to leave that part up to DH.

As far as paint is concered it's generally recommended that as long as it's water based and not latex based it's OK but quite frankly I know that the fumes give ME a headace which means it IS affecting me so I don't take any chances and I leave the painting to DH and family. Then I can help with the rest.
    Anonymous

• PLEASE excuse my typos above. I can't seem to spell tonight. ;-/
    Anonymous

• U can use vinegar & water instead of wallpaper remover. Soak a washcloth & do small sections @ a time. Also, lowes/homedepot sells an item called a tiger that puts tiny holes in the paper so that the water can get between paper & wall.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:01 AM on May. 17, 2009