How much weight did you gain throughout your pregnancy?

I guess this is mostly for women who have had children before or are in the last couple of weeks of thier pregnancy but any answers are welcome.

My doctor recommended that I gain about 20-25 pounds during pregnancy and that he would like me to stay on the lower end. Then he gave me this speech about how many women are irresponsible with their diet and exercise during pregnancy and end up gaining 50-60 pounds when they are oly carrying one baby.

So I'm kind of worried about gaining to much because I feel like my doctor will freak. He's a great doctor in every other aspect. He just seems to be very passionate about women controlling their weight gain. He said that most over weight women weren't over weight until after they had children.

I'm just kind of concerned. I exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy but strangly enough I'm more worried about my weight now than I've ever been.

How much did you gain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my daughter I gained 20lbs and lost it within a week of giving birth of her. My son I gained about 30lbs and am still working on losing it.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I gained 26 lbs.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I was one of those naive women, who thought, I am pregnant...I can eat anything...LOL!! I gained 65 lbs, and let me tell you that was the absolute worst mistake that I have made! After 3 years I still have not gotten that extra weight off. Be glad that you have a doctor that tells you these things. Mine never mentioned once that I was gaining too much weight! When I brought up my weight gain to her, she said your pregnant, you are supposed to gain weight!! Ended up with a 5.5 lbs baby. And lots of extra pounds for just mommy!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i gained 35 lbs with my first, and 18 lbs with my second
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:10 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm sort of odd. With my first, full term healthy baby, healthy easy pregnancy I gained 5 lbs....yes 5. I was eating like a pig trying to gain but everything just went to her.

Then I got pregnant with the twins, I thought oh boy, I'm gonna pay for not gaining the first time. Not so, I gained 10, with work. Now they were 8 weeks early, but almost 4 lbs, which isn't bad for twins that early.

Go figure.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• 18lbs for my first,35 for the second and 80 for my last.they were twins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Ironically, 32 lbs. with both pregnancies.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 2:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• 34 pounds with my first. I was a tiny frame tho so they wanted me to gain the extra. I'm early in this pregnancy so I havent gained anything yet.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:04 AM on May. 17, 2009

• 63 i was huge but i sat on my but an ate all day so thats wat i get she is a year an a half i still have 11 pounds to go
    Mrs.Brewer0607

Answer by Mrs.Brewer0607 at 5:20 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I gained 39 lbs with my first. By the time he was 3 months I was back to my normal weight and size. Now I am 34 wks and have gained 18 lbs so far so I expect by the time I deliver I'll have gained about 30 lbs.

IMO, your dr shouldn't be stressing you out about weight unless he notices a problem (meaning that it seems like you're gaining too much too fast).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 17, 2009