Sex & Pregnancy

so my sex drive is crazy and I know thats normal, but the issue I have is the doctor told my SO and I not to do missionary due to pressure on teh stomach and that is fine, but all we do is me on top, and its not doing anything for me, and I honestly dont know what other postions we can do where it will be comfortable and easy to maneuver. i'm 24 weeks, and although my stomach isnt HUGE, its bigger than it has been, and sometimes when i'm on top its uncomfortable for me, and i feel unsexy cuz all i can see is my stomach. Any advice on how to keep things sexy & satisfying for all involved? thank you. [first time mommy]

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 11:55 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try both of you on your sides, "doggy style", if its still comfy for you to be on your back than put a pillow under your bottom and he can kneel instead of actually being "on top" that way hes not putting pressure on your stomach, sit on the kitchen counter...theres lots of ways to do it you guys just have to start being creative...i think its a whole lesson on creativity in the bedroom b/c after the baby comes you still have to be creative only its timing or whatever else
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• its tough to be creative when we dont live with eachother yet. still at the parents homes. but thank you for the advice.
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 11:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Honey I'm going to be honest sex can be down right challenging during pregnacy.

I can ONLY get an orgasm on top but my belly is so friggen huge (33 weeks) that I'm uncomfortable and embarrassed because my tummy pushes against my DH. We tried the from behind thing which is something my DH REALLY enjoys but I'm SO tight in that position that it's extremely painful for me so I can't get through it without bursting into tears.

We've tried me laying on my left side with him entering me that way but that's way to tight. My husband says I've gone from tight to a Cheerio which he loves but crap it's a lot of pressure.

There's got to be a sex position book for pregnancy somewhere and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about finding it! It's like sex is so muhc dam work that even though I WANT sex I just can't sometimes.

We've gone from everyday to 1-2 times a week. I feel bad but DH says it's OK. It's more than the 1st pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2009

• you can still do all that stuff except for the kitchen counter maybe :)
    umm lets see then just in the bedroom.....you can bend over the side of the bed, both of you sit up (if your belly isn't too big) w/you kind of in his lap and your legs wrapped around each other (takes work but very fun)...i know how it is, my mom lives with us, so its hard to be spontaneous any time other than after dark and in our own room
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:04 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks along. I actually can only reach 'climax' on top. Have you tried variations of being there? I have him lay his legs out so that I can rest my ankles on top of his thighs. Then I try to lift my legs off of the bed as much as is possible. Umm..sorry if this is TMI, but I'm just telling you from experience. This totally works for me! :) Try laying closer to him or holding his arms down. You can even face away from him. Being on top doesn't just have to be you, there, vertical..staring at your bulging belly.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• dont worry about tmi, honestly anything that can help i will take. its like sex has lost everything to me, he still says i'm beautiful and sexy and everything and i know he means it but i really do not feel it at all, and especially during sex I feel fat and unproportional. so everyone feel free to say what you need to to give some advice. Its even hard for him to get me prepared for it (if you know what I mean), is there any ways to make it more fun again? our friends showed us a sex position book they have but while looking at it i laughed cuz there is NO way I would be able to do any of the ones in the book.
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 12:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• and maybe i should mention, that i havent really had a climax in a while since i became a bit bigger.
    kduffy

• Oh no! I feel bad for you. Even though I feel fat and unattractive, sex has been more enjoyable for me (in certain ways) since I became pregnant. I have more of a libido and there's increased lubrication. I definitely recommend that you suggest to your SO to engage in foreplay for a longer period. I can only stand to have mine stimulate me from behind (not IN the behind, haha) while I lay on my side. You could also invest in some toys to help you out. It's a shame you haven't been able to climax in a while! My pregnant orgasms are more intense.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:52 AM on May. 17, 2009