Baking soda and peroxide?

Have you used this for teeth whitening?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 12:07 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have heard it works just as good as the store bought whiteners. I received this really cool e-mail about all of the many uses peroxide has. I will try to copy and paste.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I use just plain Hydrogen Peroxide. A dentist friend told me to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Peroxide vs Bleach

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (a doctor's
    Wife), and I want to share it with you. She was over recently for
    coffee and smelled the bleach I was using to clean my toilet and counter tops. This is what she told me:

< /SMALL>
    "I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ole bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. What does bleach cost? My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide.
    "Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office?
    NO!!! Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy! Ask
    The nurses who work in the doctor's offices, and ask them if they use bleach at home. They are wiser and know better!
    "Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's
    Chlorine, folks! And it was used to kill our troops.

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:25 AM on May. 17, 2009

• BRB! I will post the rest a friend needs me
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I soak my teeth in baking soda for whitening them. Once a week if needed (I drink coffee so it is needed a bit.) I just make a thick paste and then put the paste into a mouth guard that is commonly used for wrestling or football. Then put the mouth guard in my mouth and let it sit for five minutes, carefully not ingesting the baking soda (I don't remember if it was toxic or not, I just don't ingest it.) I never thought to add some peroxide to the mixture... maybe I'll try that and see if I can change it up to every other week of whitening.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:38 AM on May. 17, 2009