Don't you absolutely HATE it when...

You hear a mommy cussing at their child. My SIL talks to her children so terribly. She tells them to shut the F up. Calls them little Mother F'ers. Calls them bastards, calls them stupid, idiots, etc., etc. It makes me sick to my stomach. I haven't seen her in over a year because of her problems...

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 12:18 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that's awful! I am ashamed to say that sometimes I yell too much, but I never cuss at my kiddos or call them names. My daughter and I butt heads a lot, especially as she is getting older, and I learned a long time ago that a time out works wonders for me. Many times I have shut myself in my room and screamed into a pillow! I think sometimes when we get stressed out we forget that words can damage as much as physicality can, and the words can never be taken back. I'm sorry for your nephews.
    fairylion

Answer by fairylion at 12:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• surprise mini

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 17, 2009

• And then they wonder why their kids use that type of language and get into trouble.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:20 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Yikes. I wouldn't want to be around that. That is emotional abuse. Does she know that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I have told her in the past how awful that must make her kids feel, and how can you talk to them that way?? I have actually gotten to the point in the past where I have told her "I'm gonna take the kids for the day!" I feel awful for my nephews, but nobody seems to speak to her about it!! She had a rough childhood, so that is what she writes it off as!!! I say "no excuse" She moved away a couple years ago. I saw her last about a year ago, when she visited with my nephews and she still had not changed. So I decided to not visit, or have her visit anymore, because I do not want that around my DD! But I just thought about it today, because I heard another mom talking to her child that way when I was out earlier!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:28 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I have a friend who's like that. Interestingly enough she has such a good front and is a likeable person and nobody knows what she says to her kids. I feel bad for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Report her to child protective services.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think its sad... I am having problems controlling my temper because of my hormones right now (pregnant) but I would never verbally abuse my children (or physically either.)
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I do not understand how a mom could do such a thing. My children are my treasures! I treat them as the precious people they are.

Oh, I can get upset with them, but they are still my innocent babies.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• and you just now thought of her? I'm sure she's pleased she is pressed into your memory. Did you think the call cps on the witch? That's abuse if you don't recognize it and you just walked away and let her do it. You are as bad as she is if not worse bc you didn't do anything to help those poor children. Shame on you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 17, 2009