Is it just me....

or is this really selfish? A friend of mine found out she was pregnant two weeks before I did....we're actually right about 2 weeks apart. I was really happy for her and excited that we could go through it together. She, on the other hand...admitted to me and all of our friends that she CRIED when she found out I was pregnant because "she wanted to be the only one who was pregnant". Basically...she wanted all the attention on herself. I seriosuly was in shock....I would NEVER think taht way about someone. Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• That is the same way that my SIL is!!! She had a son who was 2 when I got pregnant. She hated that I was getting so much attention from SO's family, so she actually went as far as faking a pregnancy. I was happy when I found out that she was "pregnant" come to find out she faked a "miscarriage" around christmas time...Her husband actually filled SO and I in on this while they were going through a seperation... I could not believe it because when she had a miscarriage, and I was still pregnant, I felt awful, and couldn't even be happy about the fact that I was carrying a baby, and the whole family started focusing on her and her "problems" And we never discussed how my pregnancy was going after that....
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:23 AM on May. 17, 2009

• First pregnancy for her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 17, 2009

• honestly, I find it pathetic that she was crying cause she wanted all the attention
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:22 AM on May. 17, 2009

• It's both of our first babies....I let it bother me for a while, but now I'm over it. at least I know that I'm not as selfish as she is. And to Pamelajgs...that's terrible...that's even worse than this girl I'm talking about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• shes probably just emotional from all the hormones
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• How immature of her. It's got to be her first pregnancy. I was psyched to be pregnant with my sister and one of my best friends at the same time!!!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2009

• She needs to grow up, I wished when I was pregnant with my son that I had a friend that could be pregnant with me, but I wasnt that lucky :-( anyhow like I said I think she needs to grow up and stop being selfish baby about it, I wonder what your other friends thought about her acting like that
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:50 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If you found out first you would be feeling the same way.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Actually, Chrissy...if I found out first, I'd be feeling the oppsosite. Not only am I a nice person, but I would WANT a friend to go through it with me. So...you're the kidna girl to feel like she does, then? Wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 17, 2009