Is your husband out of work?

My husband has been out of work since Dec and has applied for 220 jobs in the Vancouver Clark County district. He has had 2 jobs on and off that both lasted no longer then 3 weeks. And now it's close to time for the birth of our child. I am paying every single bill! hope it gets better!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:25 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry. It's rough out there. I hope something comes through for you guys soon.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I hope something transpires very soon for your husband!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Hey thank you for the support! It is very, very tough. I never thought it would be this bad. Usually when someone is hiring they call everyone to see. Maybe there are too many people fighting for jobs right now.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Mine was laid off last month. It's the third layoff in eight years. I'm currently working two jobs to make ends meet. It has been very tough.

Make sure he's not limiting himself. That was a mistake my husband made; he didn't want to apply for anything that didn't pay at his old level. I told him he needs to think of his unemployment benefit as his new salary level, and anything better than that is fine.

Has your husband been to any job hunt counseling? How about job retraining?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• my SO just got laid off about two weeks ago we could have our babies any day now and on top of that I have been bedridden for the last two months so unemployment has been the only thing paying bills right now... one day it will be better, just dont know when =(
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:43 AM on May. 17, 2009

• why did you post this in every category?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:51 AM on May. 17, 2009

• nope my guy is in the military. Have your's join the military

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 AM on May. 17, 2009

• There definately is a huge amount of individuals that are unemployed right now. Many people are turning to having a business from home, because then they can rely on themselves to bring in the income and it is flexible. I would have to agree make sure there is no limiting there. Altho I would imagine applying for 220 jobs that is pretty open. Have you guys thought about working from home and owning your own business? The business I work with right now has not been affected negatively by any means by the economy. In fact our profits and sales have increased. It definately boils down to what you guys ultimately want for your family tho, do you want to continue looking for a job, or just go into business for yourself. Let me know if you are interested income average is $30,000-$130,000+ within the first 3 months to a year. Prayers and blessings to you and your family.

marikhoy

Answer by marikhoy at 10:45 AM on May. 17, 2009