What should I do husband is out of work?

I pay every single bill, Plus I payed 2000 for our part of the wedding, rent, water, My gas, His gas, My car insurance, and his, my cell, his cell, one of his other bills, baby stuff to stock up on, P.U.D Bill, and I pay for household items, we get food stamps, but are getting rid of them soon. I want some for a family household, I am very worried. I get maternity leave unpaid. What should I do? He has no money no unemployment!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:28 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Start by eliminating whatever you can. Contact your creditors to see what arrangements you can make.

Help him with his search in any way you can.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I have been calling left and right, and helped him apply for 50 jobs. But it's not working, nothing is working, he needs his car and gas money so he can have a higher chance of getting a job, but I am paying it for him starting here soon. I have My car insurance, plus renters insurance, our baby we need some stuff for but not too much more, and then cell phone, It's just that there isn't much we can do. He just needs a job. I was wondering if anyone is in this boat?
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:43 AM on May. 17, 2009

• everyone is in the same boat
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i definately was in the same boat and the worst part of it was, i was also on unemployment bc i have crohns disease and the pregnancy made it impossible for me to work bc i was constantly sick and still am. to me, its all a matter of luck. just hope for the best and everything will usually fall into place. its true that love cant pay the bills but people can survive and they have been for many years. debt is just something you'll have to deal with until things work out. good luck!
    tamitha117

Answer by tamitha117 at 1:47 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Hey thank you for the tips though, but we have done just about everything except the wel fare part. So I will keep My fingers crossed.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 7:57 PM on May. 18, 2009