Does your husband not work?

I am the supporter and 6 months pregnant. I pay every single bill, gas, and everything! He has 0 money in checking and savings, I get unpaid maternity leave for 12 weeks. What do I do? Well Fare for while I am out of work? Will it be enough to live on? I sure hope so! My Dr. wont allow me to come back within 3 weeks after birth, maybe 5-6.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:30 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is your husband not collecting unemployment? mine gets 300 a week its not much but it helps. and yes if i were you I would swallow your pride and get on welfare
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:50 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I would insist that he owns up to his responsibility and gets a job.Even if he has to work at McDonalds, something is better than nothing. If that isn't enough, get welfare I suppose for the time you're not working.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 17, 2009

• wic is helpful and you should be able to get that now , even before the baby is born.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 12:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I know the job market sucks right now but your DH is going to have to realize that he's got to find something. It may not be in his prefered field and it may be making less than what he's used to but some money is better than none.

You need time to recover and recooperate after the baby is born.

There are welfare services but they are going to want to know why he isn't working and he'll have to prove that he's attempting to get a job. Plus welfare is a supplemental program. It's not enough to live on for any period of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Hey yes My husband has applied for 240 jobs in the Vancouver WA clark country district. And there is no one hiring, it seems like the places that are, that more and more people are fighting for them. It seems like a game now, and who ever gets lucky wins! That sucks for families because I never pictured Us like this! But My husband wants me to wait a month in a half before I go ask for help for welfare, Even if My husband has a job that's not enough to cover all the bills! So what should we do? I am nervous! My husband dosn't get unemployment anymore. He used to not now though! So he's at 0 he's applied everywhere I just don't want to loose everything!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 7:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• First and foremost go in and apply for food stamp help and WIC, also Welfare like it's been stated. I wouldn't wait I would do it now. It takes a while to get on the list. If you need info please PM I'll help you anyway I can. I'm in Stevenson area, I'll keep a look out and listen for jobs in Vancouver. And PM them to you. Good luck Momma.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 7:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Hey Catrin thank you for all the help! Yeah I know it's been tough but we will get through it sooner or later. Thank you ~Ash~
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:53 AM on May. 25, 2009