Are you scared of giving birth?

Lol this may sound personal, and kind of odd. But I am very scared of giving birth, I have had many dreams years ago and now recently that I am giving birth, and it hurts sooo bad and painful. I am very small down there meaning that No not every woman is the same. They say all woman are but it's not true, I have small hips/ cervix. So it may be even more painful for me. Lol I am just scared. Just wondering if anyone else is scared.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:32 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am terrified to give birth Im small down there too but I have kinda larger hips, but I am scared out of my mind to give birth I keep having wierd dreams about it too. I had a dream the other day where I was shopping at the dollar store and I just popped out my baby! It didnt hurt at all I just reached down and grabbed it out! I HIGHLY doubt that that will be how it works lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:37 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I WAS afraid of giving birth, both times, and then when it was over I wondered what I was so afraid of, both times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I remember before I had my DD, I was sent from a regular appointment, straight to the hospital to be induced...I sat in the parking lot, in my car...having a panic attack for about 30 minutes before I finally got out of my car and went in the hospital. After it was over, I realized that I had over reacted the birth part wasnt that bad, it was after she was born and rushed by helicopter to a hospital 2 hours away that hurt me, and broke my heart. But after 21 days I got to take her home, and now she is a perfectly healthy 3 year old.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:45 AM on May. 17, 2009

• how early were you? pamelajqs
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:46 AM on May. 17, 2009

• First and for most all women's cervix's are small. They only open about a finger tip when you are fertile to allow sperm in and other times the opening is so small you can barely tell it's open but they all stretch and so does your perinium.

Small hips means nothing. You just need to make sure that you don't allow your doctor to force you to give birth on your back because that actually makes the pelvis smaller.

I would suggest that you looking into a Hypnobabies birthing class or at home course. This course not only teaches you about child birth and how to manage your pain naturally but it teaches you not to be afraid of giving birth because it's what your body is made to do.

I was VERY scared to give birth because I had a tramatic first birth due to a lot of medical intervention but after taking this course I am confidant that it will be an enjoyable and memorable experience for me and my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 17, 2009

• im freaking out, I just had a dream the other night and I was holding both the babies and got to see their faces,,, im taking it as in about a week im gonna pop
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:47 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm absolutely terrified=[ I'm not due until October 2nd so I'm only half way there but I'm scared. I think about it daily.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:10 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I was really scared with both my kids. I was in labor with my son for about 11 hours, which actually isn't bad for a first baby. My daughter only took about 7 hours start to finish--she was in such a hurry I had only been at the hospital for about an hour, and the doctor only had one glove on when she popped out! The labor pain is pretty bad, but once you see that little baby it is all worth it. Just trust in God to take care of you and the baby, and trust the doc and nurses to do a good job. There are lots of options for pain control, and if the doc doesn't think the labor is progressing like it is supposed to, there are things they can do to make things work better.
    fairylion

Answer by fairylion at 1:12 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think it's sad that so many women are afraid of giving birth and I blame telvision for it. They make things as dramatic and terrifying as possible so then women think they real life situations have to be like that.

Bad things do happen but the percentage of true emergencies is extremely low. Our c-section rate and induction rate in this country are far higher than what the WHO says is acceptable but that's because we have ill informed doctors and it's not really their fault either. They are taught what interventions to do and what meds to use because of 2 reasons:

1) They make money for the health care field
    2) They are taught how to fix things when they go wrong not how to handle things when they are normal.

Doctors are taught to take the easy way out in which they can control everything and women are kept out of the loop for their own health care! It's time we take back birth ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 17, 2009

• im TERRIFIED to give birth am actually supose to give birth in a few weeks so am very nervous and scared especially since im tryn to go for an unmedicated delivery. Oviously its goin to hurt and burn i imagine i just want to get through it and move on to the next step i feel liike ive been pregnant forever. I've been taking classes but they dont seen to calm me down they jst make me more anxious. But its part of nature and we were made to give birth so itll be over sooner then we think hopefullyy lol.
    lissette17

Answer by lissette17 at 1:55 AM on May. 17, 2009