Why are certain cars more apt to be cop magnets?

I have noticed that since I have been driving my Camero, I have noticed the cops follow me more. I am sure they think it is a teen boy that has a suped up one, it is suped up but come on I am an old woman, I am not breaking any laws, yet..
Anyone else drive a car and has noticed that the police notice it more then your other vechiles?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:32 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Souped up stupid. Not suped. You should get a ticket for stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Anon :53 - that wasn't very nice. :(

OP ~ I was told that certain make vehicles and certain color vehicles catch the police attention because most racers choose those types more often than serene makes and colors. It isn't fair, but they are just going by what research has shown. As long as you are driving within the law then you have nothing to worry about. If enough police officers in your town see you driving your particular vehicle, then they will automatically know you as a good citizen and bypass you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:07 AM on May. 17, 2009

• OP ~ I forgot to add. You will find that auto insurance companies also have different rates for different make vehicles and if they ask you what color vehicle you have then they are also basing your rate upon that. Thought you would want to know.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:09 AM on May. 17, 2009