Should I take her back??

My BFF & I had a bad falling out a few months ago. I couldn't even begin to tell you the whole story but in a nut shell...she talked some mad shit! She throw every lil thing I ever told her in my face & really took some low blows!
Now she is fighting cancer & is emailing me & begging me to be her friend again.
What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Forgive but don't forget. You can be her friend, as far as YOU feel comfortable, but like I would watch what you tell her, and try not to get too close, or get sucked into doing too much for her. You're hurt and you need to tread lightly. But forgiving is key. Have yall talked about the falling out? It might be helpful.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• That would be a tough one. One one hand I would try to forgive her for what she done but on the other hand I would ask her why she said those things.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I would probably drop it and go to her. Let by gones be by gones. She needs all the support she can get right now. You can still clear the air with her but personally I would be with my friend.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:52 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If she is fighting cancer, and she doesn't know the outcome of the fight, then she is probably thinking of what she did to you and regretting it. You can't just turn your feelings off and on like water. She is asking for forgiveness(she should only have to ask one time). I will be blunt here: If she dies and you didn't forgive her for something that happened, will you be able to forgive yourself? She is trying to fix things in her life(she doesn't know what tomorrow might bring). Most people try to fix wrongs in their life when they are up against time.No one can tell you what to do, its in your heart.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:42 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Being a friend is sometimes more important than having a friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• She could die drop it and be by her side. Show her that you are a true friend and that you can forgive. When the time is right talk to her about the big blow out you had you will know when the time is right. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:46 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think it depends on what she did. I have two ex-friends that I no longer speak to. In one case the friend spread a bunch of crap about me and basically cut off all contact e.g. removing me from facebook and blocking me from her email. If she came back and apologized I'd take her back, especially if she had cancer. The other friend was much worse (falsely accusing my husband of rape worse...) and quite frankly I couldn't care less what goes on her life, she's never getting back into my life.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Yes, put that junk aside and remember your friendship. You obviously mean a lot to her if she's begging you to be her friend again.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:50 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Forgive her. If you were in her shoes you would want her forgiveness. At least she's admitting she was wrong.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:09 AM on May. 17, 2009

• YES, TAKE HER BACK AND LET BYE GONES BE BYE GONES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT, YOUR FRIEND NEEDS YOU, THAT IS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER.

Answer by older at 4:22 PM on May. 17, 2009