I need to know what to do with a 1 lb. package of

provolone cheese...it is bulk and has the experation date of may 16th

any ideas,thoughts,or opinions are welcome and I thank you for all of them in advance!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:38 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can use it on pizza, in pasta dishes (stuffed shells?) or on meatball subs (my fav is chicken parm meatball subs, it's a Rachel Ray recipe on foodnetwork.com).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:13 AM on May. 17, 2009

• You can wrap it tightly and freeze it. Use it as you would mozarella. Off the top of my head: pizza, lasagne, ziti and bean casserole. Contact me for recipes, if you are interested.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Cheese keeps for way longer than the expiration date. As long as there isn't mold growing, you should be okay to eat it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:50 AM on May. 17, 2009

• mmm! It make sthe best grilled cheese sandwiches!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If you can't use it all, freeze it. I would even shred it first. Use it in grilled cheese, on nachos, in stuffed pasta or mac and cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:14 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Slice for sammies, Shred and freeze, use on pizza, use on eggplant parmasagna, spaghetti, lasagna...
    By the way! check out www.sneakychef.com. She has a stovetop lasagna that is healthy and yummy!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:59 PM on May. 17, 2009