crawling

my 7 month old is close to crawling...but are there any tips or techniques to help him get there?

JulesMommy1008

Asked by JulesMommy1008 at 3:00 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 month old did this for a little while before he started crawling. He'll be 7 months on the 19th, and I just put him in the floor a few feet away from his toys, and it gave him the incentive to try to get to them, eventually, instead of rolling, and scooting, he began crawling.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 3:04 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Give him the freedom to try. And other than what the PP said, just give him time. Babies do things on their own time schedule. My 10 mon old is ready to walk but just refuses to do it on his own. He just isn't ready. Don't worry, he will get there!!!
    elizabethie

Answer by elizabethie at 3:17 AM on May. 17, 2009

• elizabethie is right...time is the only key. my DS is just now about to turn 7 months, and he can already pull up on things and stand himself up. He's also 7 months and doesn't have any teeth yet...so he'll crawl when he's ready.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 3:28 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Here's my unscientific observation... babies learn from watching each other. My friend's baby started crawling the day after she watched my son crawl all over their house. And my son started walking a couple days after watching another friend's baby. It's like "oh... so that's what I'm supposed to be doing?"

Of course, they will learn at their own pace. But if you know anyone with a baby who's crawling, try getting together for an hour and see what happens :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 4:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone; many babies never crawl.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 AM on May. 17, 2009

• JUST LT IT BE. YOUR BABY WILL GET IT ALL ON HIS OWN
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 1:03 PM on May. 17, 2009