birth control shot (depo)

is anyone else on the depo shot and if so did you still get your period the first month after you got it?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not on the depo shot...but I know people on it and none of them got there period the first month...or the month after that...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:45 AM on May. 17, 2009

• but everyones body is different
    hug4akiss

• I was on it several years ago. I got my cycle regularly for about 3 months, then stopped completely. In hindsight, the lack of period did not make up for the 25 pounds I put on while using it.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 3:46 AM on May. 17, 2009

• see i was told i would gain 10 and i would spot not get my full blow period!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i was on the depo for my first 3 months after baby and HATED IT i i had like 4-5 periods during that time and off and on bleeding eh no thank u
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• It made me have a period every other week.Seriously SUCKED!
    ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 9:28 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I THINK THE DEPO SHOT SUCKS. I HAVE THE IUD AND IT WORKS GREAT
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 1:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Yes you do get your period for the first maybe even the second month after you get the shot. it has to take a while to get into your system. im almost on a yr and and you can spot for a day or so, very lightly every so often. but thats very common!!
    prego_deigo

Answer by prego_deigo at 6:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010