Question about contractions.

Generally how long are contractions. I know its different for everyone but whats the avaerage. How long where yours? Not the time in between them but the actual contraction...

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 3:35 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea LMAO Its only been almost3 yrs and I dont know lol Pathetic huh? Probably anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute or minute and a half.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• At the end it seemed like there wasn't a break in between them! But, I went to the hospital when they were about 3-5 minutes apart consistently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Gosh I dont remember!!! I remember thinking, 'go away go away go away!!!!' and screaming cause they hurt sooooo bad!!!! Why cant pregnancy and child birth be painless? LOL Too good to be true!!! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 7:47 AM on May. 17, 2009

• mine were about 30-60 seconds.. at the beginning they were about 8 minutes apart, and very irregular. One would be 45 seconds, and then nothing for 8 minutes, then the next would be 60 seconds, and then nothing for 5 minutes.. etc.. Usually they tell you to go in when they're about 5-6 minutes apart, and they're regular.. If you've waited several hours and they do not become regular but are staying about 5-6 minutes apart you should call or go in. I waited until it became really uncomfortable. If it's your first you have some time.. it takes on average about 20 hours to go through it (contractions to birth). If you go in early they will either send you home, or make you wait.. so you may as well wait at home where you're comfortable and you can eat and drink etc. Trust me.
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:27 AM on May. 17, 2009