• In the Spotlight:

My poor baby. What should i do to help him?

We just got back from the hospital. My 7 year old son Spencer has a bad case of the flu and he has strep throat and an ear infection. He had to get an IV and he is in so much pain : ( I feel so bad. He is just laying down watching tv trying to fall asleep. I want to make him feel better. Does anyone have ideas on how to make him a little hapier or something i just wish he wasn't in all this pain : ( ~thanks~

xxmorgynxx

Asked by xxmorgynxx at 6:12 AM on May. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just give him lots of love, Mama. Plenty of fluids, chicken soup, a comfortable nest, and TLC. I'm sorry- it stinks to have to just sit and watch your baby be sick.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:17 AM on May. 17, 2009

• did they give him any pain meds?
    i would think they would have given him some tylenol with codiene
    poor bubba lots of mommy love and motrin :)
    hope he feels better soon
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:28 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Aw poor little guy. Let him sip (non-diet) iced gingerale- watered down if you like, or koolaid- something that he likes drinking. Let him use a straw. Encourage him to take a sip- say every time a commercial comes on the TV. Keep changing his sheets, clean, cool sheets are nice, and maybe his jammies, too. A comfortably warm bath maybe in the morning and at night. A cool cloth on his head if he is particularly miserable. Jello is light and easy to eat. Chicken broth. A few crackers.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on May. 17, 2009

• snuggle. tlc can work wonders
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:05 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Washcloth on his skin to help cool him down, no loud noises, rub his feet, read him a book.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2009