How do i get my kids to calm down when

they have to get shots? My kids hate the dr.s in general but when they find out they have to get shots they go balistic on me. I mean all hell brakes loose. Do any parents out there have tips or ideas on how to make these visits less of a mess? Thx

xxmorgynxx

Asked by xxmorgynxx at 6:58 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• Will the office teach you to give the injections?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I didn't tell my kids they were getting shots. I also called the dr office, and asked them not to say anything about the shots. They were to simply go get the syringes when it was time, and when they brought them in, I would have my kids distracted with a toy or something. Then, I'd just say, "Oh, it's shot time!" when the nurse was ready and she'd quickly swab with alcohol and do the shot before they had enough time to get upset. It took teamwork, and cooperation from the dr. office, but it worked for us.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:53 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I've always bribed mine :) Works for everything, LOL.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:49 PM on May. 18, 2009