My son is six months old and I am trying to get him to hold his bottle at what age did your child hold his bottle?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 7:53 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine held hers at 5 months old but couldnt quite lift it up just chewed the nipple but shes almost 6 months now and can do it 50% of the time the rest she chooses not 2
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I am a nurseing mom and very proud to say my son was holding a bottle of water at 4 months two weeks just keep wrapping his little hands around it and showing him how to hold on he will get it
    windinhair28

Answer by windinhair28 at 8:52 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I never had my babies hold their bottles, because I feel that feeding time is an important bonding time and that babies should always be held while they are drinking a bottle. They were able to hold and drink from their sippy cups at meal times just fine from six months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 17, 2009

• lol since my baby could sit nice she had to be fed in her high chair with her bottle had carpal tunnel surgery like a month after she was born
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:56 AM on May. 17, 2009

• well, babies arent meant to hold bottles. They werent meant to be breastfed, so its not programmed in them to hold their feeding source. So if you chose to formual feed, which I too eventually did, they arent supposed to know how. Thats what mommy is for.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:21 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Why? This is a time to hold and snuggle your baby, and make sure he feels secure and loved.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I agree with moms that don't have their babies hold bottles. I use that time for bonding much like a BF mom would. Sippies were a different story--she held hers at 8 mo. But bottle time is always rocking and cuddling and mama holding the bottle.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2009

• 2971 your doing NOTHIN wrong by letting him do it himself... he is getting older and ready to learn new things... dont make ur bonding or love any less so dont mind these stepford wifes
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:22 PM on May. 17, 2009

• JUST KEEP IT UP. YOUR BABY WILL LEARN. EVERY BABY LEARNS AT THERE OWN PAIST
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 12:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I was just wondering I am not a lazy mother I was just trying to tell when I could start letting him try to drink some juice from a sippy cup and thats how I could tell when my other son was ready for a sippy cup I dont know why it is that people feel they have to be so rude with their answers everyone does things differently I have a 18 month old and a 6 month old so if I could get him to hold his bottle some I could spend more time with my older son who needs me
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 1:21 PM on May. 17, 2009