Does anyone else have this problem?

I have acne all over the place and its SUPER embarrassing... its gotten to the point where I have a hard time getting undressed in front of my husband!!! Its on my face- my back- my legs, butt, arm pits, chest and back of my neck... does anyone else have this problem? How do I get rid of it? And how do I get rid of scarring on my legs and such that was caused by acne? Please HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have it as bad as you, but sometimes I break out on by back or chest. My sister told me to buy antibacterial soap (I buy irish spring) so for now thats what I do to try and help uit, plus trying to take a shower daily, and trying to wash my body after rinsingin conditioner out of my hair...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i agree with pp get an anti bacteral soap and wash after conditioning you hair, also soap with tea tree oil is great too
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:19 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I have had acne my whole life. I have been to the dermatologist multiple times every year since I was 12. Finally after 12 years of scaring acne I asked my doctor to put me on Acutane. It's a pain in the ass to be on because it's an extremely harsh drug but IT WORKS! There are a ton of side effects of this drug so I suggest reading up on it before you even think about suggesting it to your doctor. You cannot get pregnant while using this medication. It causes serious birth defects.
    I'm in my 4th month of the drug and have 6 months left. Essentially what it does is shrinks your oil glands in your body. My lips are constantly cracked and dry now and my skin is so dry it's peeling BUT I don't have acne anywhere. Once you complete the 6 - 10 month medication you will more than likely never have an acne problem ever again.
    If you're serious about getting rid of it for life I would suggest this.

Hope this helps...
    SBC0110

Answer by SBC0110 at 2:47 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I had a lot of issues with acne due to hormonal imbalances. I am not too fond of Birth Control pills. So I'm taking Spironolactone, which reduces sebum production as a result of high testosterone levels. I also use Retin-a micro, which is good for acne and aging.
    MissV.

Answer by MissV. at 7:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I would suggest getting into the doctor and having them prescribe a round of oral antibiotics. Clindmycin is a good one for acne. I sell Avon and the Clearskin Professionals three set acne treatment is really good. You can try a weeks trial for $9.99 at www.youravon.com/dhullum its similar to Proactiv but seems to work much better on me. Use code fsany for free direct delivery shipping too. Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:22 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I NEVER thought about rinsing my hair after rinsing my conditioner! But it makes TONS of sense!!!
    As far as meds... I have been on a few... mine were SUPER expensive!!! AND they had to be applied daily... which meant that it could always come back!!! Ugh!!! How much is the Acutane? Is it pricey?
    Avon.... thanks but I too sale avon!!! LOL I have tried the clearskin line of products and NOTHING is helping!!! Ugh!!! I love avon products though!!! LOL
    This Spironolactone thing that is talked about.... how much is it about?
    Thank you ALL for your suggestions!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 18, 2009