is this normal?

my almost 6 month old a few days ago loved SOLIDS had her mouth open like a baby bird and would eat the whole jar of stage 1 food along with 4-5oz( dont ask me how shes still small lol) but last 2 days shes been drinking like 4-5oz a time and refuses food.. i dont get it..

preggoinmn

Asked by preggoinmn at 7:59 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. She could be teething. A lot of kids stop eating when they are teething, it's no big deal as long as she's acting normally. My daughter quit eating pureed food around 5-6 months. She decided finger foods were much more to her liking.
    If she starts acting funny or you get worried, just call her pediatrician.

AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 8:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• growth spurs do this too,my lil one is 11months and has been like this quite a few times.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:16 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Have you ever tasted jarred baby food? I don't blame that child at all. Solids given to babies before their first birthday are for the experience of eating, not nutrition, you should be giving your baby some solids: avocado, cooked and mashed beans and baked sweet potato are great. The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their parents is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find it at your local library and you can learn more here: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i didnt ask what solids are for.. i am actually a pediatric nurse.. so i know a few things bout baby feeding and food.. i just dont get why she went from loving it to hating it was the simple question i asked..
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:05 AM on May. 17, 2009