Why do i feel guilty?

My ex husband left me for another woman two years ago. When he took her on the family trip with his family and my daughter a year ago, it hurt like heck. My 11 daughter doesn't like her. Well, anyways the family trip is to Penn this year. He told my daughter that his girlfriend won't be going because he know our daughter doesn't like her, and he doesn't want to upset me. You'd think i would be gloating, but i feel guilty. Any insight or did you ever feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if it were just you and your daughter liked her I'd say you should feel guilty. If he's doing the trip without his girlfriend for the sake of his daughter though that's fine. I'm sure he'll do something fun with his girlfriend too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• You don't really know the reason. It could be as he said, or it could be another reason nothing to do with you but he used this excuse just because he could. If he is in a serious relationship with the lady then the feelings of his ex should not matter. And the feelings of his 11 year old daughter, although they matter, the vacation time could be a time for her to get used to having the girlfriend around.

Answer by Bmat at 8:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe she doesn't feel she has the right to like her, knowing how you feel. It can't be easy being in her shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I'd feel pleased knowing he is thinking of your dd's feelings. 11 is an age where he needs to show her she matters to him. Good for him.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If he says he doesn't want to hurt you by going with his girlfriend... doesn't that mean he cares about your feelings more than hers.. seems a little strange to me. My ex husband would never give a crap about how I feel about his girlfriend, haha!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:51 AM on May. 17, 2009

• DOES SHE REALLY NOT LIKE HER, OR DOES SHE NO LIKE HER BECAUSE OF THE WAY SHE KNOWS THE WAY THEIR RELATIONSHIP MAKES YOU FEEL? IF SO YES YOU SHOULD FEEL GUILTY AND EXPLAIN TO YOUR DAUGHTER THAT THE WAY YOU FEEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THAT SHE SHOULD FEEL.
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 12:33 PM on May. 17, 2009