how can i not get morning sickness???

michelle0319

Asked by michelle0319 at 8:59 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• (From: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/morningsickness.html ) GL!

Helpful Do's and Don'ts:

Do:

* Eat small meals often
    * Drink fluids 1/2 hour before or after a meal, but not with meals
    * Drink small amounts of fluids during the day to avoid dehydration
    * Eat soda crackers 15 minutes before getting up in the morning
    * Avoid foods and smells that increase nausea
    * Ask someone else to cook for you and open the windows or turn on fans if the odor bothers you
    * Get plenty of rest and nap during the day
    * Avoid warm places (feeling hot adds to nausea)
    * Sniff lemons or ginger, drink lemonade, or eat watermelon to relieve n
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• weird...wonder why it cut it like that...let's try with the rest of it:
    * Eat salty potato chips (they have been found to settle stomachs enough to eat a meal)
    * Exercise

Don'ts:

* Do not lie down after eating
    * Do not skip meals
    * Do not cook or eat spicy food

You should contact your health care provider:

* If you are experiencing excessive nausea and vomiting that prevents you from keeping any food down
    * If vomiting is accompanied by pain or fever
    # If nausea and vomiting persists well into the second trimester (after 13th week)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:19 AM on May. 17, 2009

• if you get it you get it. You can drink a warm coke and eat saltine crackers before getting out of bed. Don't get up to fast, eat more often and more protein. If you do get it try Emetrol, it is perfectly safe and will stop you from vomiting.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:22 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I had morning/afternoon & night sickness for the duration with my 1st and nothing seemed to help but with my 2nd, i found that if i ate some toast and had a sweet cup of tea AS soon as i got up, i was generally ok for the rest of the day.
    I also bought these preggo pops sweets which did actually work a tiny bit with my 1st during the 1st trimester but they helped friends who used them more.
    LittleMissIlana

Answer by LittleMissIlana at 9:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• lol, if you really want to decrease your chances of morning sickness, i'd suggest you try not to get pregnant. i'm abt 31 weeks now and i've been sick throught the whole thing... :[ obviously this isnt the case for everyone but like i said lol, thats my advice.
    tamitha117

Answer by tamitha117 at 1:44 PM on May. 17, 2009