I am doing a homework assignment on honest things that children say. Can anyone give me any examples.

gailrmom

Asked by gailrmom at 9:05 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kids tell you if your breathe stinks, if your fat, if something taste nasty. They repeat anything they hear so its always amazing what they say. My nephews tell me I have a fat butt, they will say that food is nasty, you stink and everything else no matter who it is.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:19 AM on May. 17, 2009

• When a kid says that he or she has been abused it is more than likely that he or she has...I can not stand it when children that have been abused are said to be lieing.......Where did they find out what abuse is anyway? Why would they lie?

I know that there are specail cases when a child does lie, but usually in these cases it is obvious that the kid is lieing.......
    mirakoboy

Answer by mirakoboy at 9:42 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Here's something my daughter, who's 2 1/2 said at the grocery store when a guy (dressed in shabby clothes and looking despondent) was shopping behind us.

"Mama, he looks sad." I kind of laughed it off because I didn't want to offend him, but I'm impressed that she's able to point out different emotions - even those of strangers!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My nephew told a woman at the grocery store that she was fat.
    My niece (who was 3 at the time) was sleeping in bed with me and when I woke up I had morning breath, she told me my breath stinks and that my hair was funny looking. lol
    then A little girl at my nieces school told the teacher that her mommy has 2 boyfriends and a husband, and that she thinks her mommy needs to stop before her daddy blows her head off. (apparently she heard her parents talking)

and once when i was at wal-mart when I was little I told a woman that her hair was too big and she wore too much makeup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 17, 2009

• When my son was about 5 or 6 we called my Grandma to tell her 'Happy Birthday'. Well, when he was talking to her he asked how old she was and when she told him, he said "Wow! You're almost in Heaven!". Of course I yelled at him, but when I got back on the phone my Grandma yelled at me for doing that because she thought that was the cutest thing she ever heard.
    blueyes581

Answer by blueyes581 at 10:04 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My son Kade (4) was riding a mechanical horse the other day at Wal*mart and I showed him the reins and saddle horn. He pushed the horn and said, "But I can't hear it!"
    Danielle Rice
    txdanielle@gmail.com
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:09 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My mother has a horrible hair cut that she has kept up for about 10 years. It looks like a short boys bowl cut. The other day she said "Grandma, who cut off your pony tail?" and she said "I haven't had a pony tail in a long time, I wear my hair short" and she said "well you shouldn't wear it short gramma...it wooks ridicuwous"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Most of these responses are very cute. I have a very true one.
    I have a chronically ill son and an typically developing child. One day i was crying because my little one is so very sick. And my then 5 year old told me, "Mom, it is okay. When Brody gets to heaven he wont be sick anymore."
    Sometimes when i get really down i just remember what my young son taught me. It will all be okay someday, one way or the other.
    Blakesmom

Answer by Blakesmom at 10:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Once at a grocery store my son (then 2) made an announcement to everyone in the grocery checkout line that the person ahead of us in line was NOT a woman (cross-dresser). He was matter of fact about it. The person ahead of us was actually a really well dressed transgender person with impeccable hygiene, etc., so I have no idea how this son of mine knew this, but he did. I told him that although he was correct, it was none of our business and very rude to point out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• When my son was little, about 3 or so we were at a store and a kid had a mohawk and my son said, "Mom does that kid know how dumb he looks?" That kids mom cracked up, smacked her kid on the shoulder and said."see a 3 yr old has more sense than you do."

My friend is very obese and her 4 year old keeps telling her that she is too fat to do things and needs to lose weight so she can play with her. I guess the daughter is telling her mom that she is lazy and needs to do something. Which is very true.

Kids tend to be brutally honest about everything and anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:33 PM on May. 17, 2009