Have you ever been criticized for your "lifestyle"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure. My dad and brother have both said to me that they aren't happy with the way I live. My hubby's in the Army and as anyone who's "married" to the military knows, you don't join the military to be rich. My dad and brother aren't happy that we live 'paycheck to paycheck". Hey, we have food on the table, a roof over our heads.....I'm happy. Why can't they be?
    Mom2Nora-Shane

Answer by Mom2Nora-Shane at 11:09 AM on May. 17, 2009

• yes who hasn't? Rather it be the money you spend, where you live, where you work, the car you drive, the way your kids behave, who your spouse is, the clothes you wear, the way you keep your house, the way you speak. We all get it in one form or another.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:21 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My sons didn't like that I was a SAHM because they didn't have all the stuff that working moms could provide. I told them it was important to me to make the best life for them that I could and that I was doing the best that I could. I don't know that they agreed, though. :) When I did get a job they didn't like that they were expected to do more around the house. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Not in any way that really matters!

I worked hard and made conscientious choices in life to get where I am today. The lifestyle I now lead is the one with the greatest rewards--making all of those earlier "sacrifices" worth it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:25 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Why of course =]

I'm a non-married moderately liberal mother in a loving interracial relationship who loves the color black and people from all different walks of life, including gay people and those society would consider "strange". I could go into my parenting style (formula feeding, no spanking, etc) but that would take all day.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:33 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I homeschool. Enough said.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• LOL only on CM, but I dont care enough to worry about it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:11 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Collar wearing, submissive to my husband, kinky hippie crunchy momma - yup I've gotten criticized. Also been checked on by the police twice, and had to visit with a social worker (non CPS, the hospital arranged it) for several months after my son was born. Neighbors have offered me their homes as a "safe house."
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Yep! From everything that it was selfish to have children while my husband is in the military and gone so much to the fact that I formula fed our daughter to the fact that I'm putting her in preschool and everything in between.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:17 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I homeschool, too. So there's that, plus I don't bring in any money,,,
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:22 AM on May. 17, 2009