Do you think Washington pass the "Cheerio's standard"? :o)

The Food and Drug Administration rapped General Mills says that Cheerios (whole-grain O's) are "clinically proven to lower cholesterol." The FDA demanded packaging changes to ensure truth in labeling.
Well, how about the marketing of the fiscal "stimulus"? President Obama and the Democrats promoted the trillion-dollar package as job creation salvation. The White House claims 150,000 jobs have been "created or saved." But since February, the nation has lost more than 1.3 million jobs. The current 8.9 percent unemployment rate in the wake of the stimulus passage is worse than the 8.8 percent unemployment Obama's economists darkly predicted if Congress didn't immediately adopt their recovery plan.
The "stimulus" was supposed to provide aid to the country's neediest areas. It's not. Obama promised that Americans would be able to track "every dime" of the "stimulus" at one handy clearinghouse website. They won't.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:36 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The Recovery.gov site data won't be fully available until next spring -- halfway through the program.

From a fun op-ed piece

What do you think? Can the Government Practice what they preach (eeeerrrrrrrrr and mandate)?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• The Associated Press reported after reviewing 5,500 planned transportation projects that "states are planning to spend 50 percent more per person in areas with the lowest unemployment than in communities with the highest."

What is your take on this? Shouldn't a STIMULUS stimulate those hardest hit?  How do we demand the Government provide us TRUTH in its' "labeling"

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:43 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We can not blame law makers in D.C after the states get the stimulus money. It is the state Governor's ,state law makers,local assembly or what ever is your local admin. named .It is in their hands ,they are the ones who need to but the money in a good use.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Basic lifesaving First Aid principles state to first, "plug the holes" (stop/slow/control bleeding), and then ensuring the victim has adequate oxygen/open airway, and then is stable enough to transport to a medical facility and/or apply advanced lifesaving techniques.

Unfortunately, the Obama administration has it all wrong. They're trying to pump oxygen (stimulus money) into an unstable body (United States) that is filled with gaping wounds that just continue to bleed out (fiscal irresponsibility)!!!

This plan might temporarily SUSTAIN the "life" of this country, but it will not SAVE it! We need to apply advanced "lifesaving" techniques.

We need to reduce the amount of High Density Lipoproteins (HDLs) otherwise known as Democrats, in favor of preferred Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDLs) otherwise known as Republicans/Libertarians!!! LOL

So to the answer the question...NO! This administration is NOT "Heart Healthy!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on May. 17, 2009

• D.C. wouldn't know how to eat a bowl of Cheerio' without a 200 page manual instructing the regulation size bowl and spoon, the exact milk quantity to be added and how, and from what locally approved wholesaler the Cheerio's could be bought from at a rate of $12.00 dollars a box.
    P.S.
    I always knew the Cheerio's box was lie because it was what the people weren't eating anymore that was lowering the cholesterol. Naturally if you move from an EggMcMuffin or a Donught to Cheerio's the cholesterol goes down. Just goes to show how stupid General Mills and the Federal Government knows how stupid most people are.Hope and Change, they'll believe anything.
    I hope to lower my cholesterol so I'll change what I eat, yeah right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 17, 2009

• OMG grly you can't POSSIBLY expect Washington to have to be held to the same standards that they hold private companies!!!??

I am going with Lorikeetsresponse on this one, very witty and to the point.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:27 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Wow, Lorikeet. I think you could write for the best of Conservative Editorials with the great commentary you just wrote! KUDOS!  Your analogy is ON TARGET! :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I know momof030404... Thinking for an instance Washington is about to practice what they preach was totally IRRATIONAL of me :oP he he he he

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 AM on May. 17, 2009

• OK, I have been up since 4am.. I jusr re-read my question...

Should read: Do you think Washington COULD pass the "Cheerio's standard"? :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:49 AM on May. 17, 2009