What diapers are the best for not leaking?

My son is almost 2 months old, and I use gentle care by huggies, size 1. An this morning he peed through that diaper, through his clothes. So I change him into a new diaper and clothes and 5 mins later he peed through his clothes again. I am wondering if the diapers are defective.? What diapers did you use when your babies were infants?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• huggies supreme!
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:41 AM on May. 17, 2009

• He may need to move into size 2's.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:42 AM on May. 17, 2009

• As an infant, I liked the Swaddlers. I hadn't yet made the switch to cloth. Now I prefer cloth.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:44 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Honestly, it is going to depend on the baby. I tried Huggies when my son was first born but those leaked really bad. I then used Pampers and they worked wonderful until he was about a year old, then I had to go back to Huggies. For some babies, Pampers and Huggies don't work but an off brand does. I would suggest going to a few of the diaper companies websites and signing up for free offers or buying small packs of each diaper that way you can see what works best for your baby.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:44 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i used pampers for my dd
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:12 AM on May. 17, 2009

• HUggies and i absolutely love them. I have tried generic ones like dollar general and i like them but huggies take the cake for me though i will use dollar general ones too. When dd was between sizes she peed through EVERY type so i put her in size 2 and magically it stopped. I have a girl but i heard sometimes boys need to move up sizes a little faster but i dont know if thats an old wives tale or not! give it a shot, buy a small pack of size 2 and if it works you know your set. Pampers and LUVS were the absolute worst for my DD but who knows your son may be different
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:00 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We've had the best luck with Luvs. Not to offend you or anything but, are you making sure his little boy parts are pointed down when you put his diaper on?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• With boys you have to make sure the pee-pee is down. and I think huggies are the best.
    ethan21

Answer by ethan21 at 11:45 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Not to make you sound stupid but, make sure that your pointing his penis down before you close the diapper. (I actually made this mistake for several months before it dawned on me) I used the pampers cruisers and that seemed to work well. If you still have leaks though you can also buy a cloth diaper insert and put it at the front of the diapper. I hope that helps!! Best of luck
    RoJomomtwo

Answer by RoJomomtwo at 12:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Luvs is the only thing that ever worked for my son. He peed and pooped out of everthing else. I literally tried every other diaper. and tho I like some for other reasons luvs were the best for leaking.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:14 PM on May. 17, 2009