k so is it possible to keep ur house clean with a toddler???

ariannasmom114

Asked by ariannasmom114 at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might be possible, but utterly exhausting =) My philosophy is that as long as it's just clutter, it's fine. My house is messy all the time, but it's clean. If that makes sense.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:43 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i have a 4 year old and a 16 month old and i clean my house litterly about 5 times a day if not more and it still isn't clean lol. So unless you are right behind them picking up every toy or every crumb they put on the floor i don't think anyone can keep it clean with kids.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:52 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No, and it just frustrates me to have to do the cleaning and then this 3-team tornado comes in and messes up my progress. I try to get major cleaning on Saturday done, and then don't look back, to much.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:59 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No. I'm a stay at home mom and still haven't achieved a clean house for an entire day....it seems like every time I clean he runs along behind me and creates a new mess!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Not with a 16 m/o, but to give you hope, with a 24 m/o, it's a LOT easier. Ours is beginning to pick up after himself, PTL! And even put toys, games, & things back on the shelves. (I am a bit "OCD" about putting toys away, I don't want to trip and hurt myself, LOL!) But I didn't usually do it ALL during the day, we did it before bed. There is hope, but sorry, not at 16 mos! Give yourself a break knowing that it won't always be this way. (Unless, there's another one coming, then....it starts all over!) Hang in there, Mama! Pre-K is coming before you know it, and you'll have all day to clean (& miss your LO!)wink mini

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:54 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I've only got one, and as soon as she started crawling her area was always a mess. When she started walking and learned how to open the gate to the rest of the house it was all over with. Now she can go up and down the stairs and the ENTIRE house is constantly a mess. We clean up once a week and do the whole cleaning thing w/ vacuum, mop, dusting, etc. Then when we're done it's a disaster again, but at least it's a 'clean' disaster.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No one was ever killed by a dust bunny. Have your little one pick up toys (with your help) before nap time and bed time. Clean one room a day, and throw in a load of laundry everyday or every other day.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:17 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Before I had my daughter I used to be a total clean freak! I would do deep cleaning on an everyday basis. I love having a clean, fresh smelling, sparlkling home....but, ya, that dosn't happen any more. For the most part, I don't mind the toys and what not, but I just don't have that kind of time anymore to clean like that. I mostly just do the basics and live with it. Once in a while I can have Grandma whatch her so I can get more done...but not the way I used to. Time with daughter, or time cleaning? Balance is key. I also used to HAVE TO HAVE my shower FIRST thing in the morning, right when I woke up....now, I usually get one around noon, sometimes I don't get a shower untill 3 in the afternoon. I guess it's just a priority thing.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:52 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Don't worry about it and ENJOY LIFE with your kids. Myself, I clean after they are in bed. My house is always pretty clean, but always cluttered, because kids live here. You can't help it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:34 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Yeah it is, but don't ask me how...my SIL manages it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:09 PM on May. 17, 2009