Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will it take forever now?

We filed an amended tax return, and we waited for 7 weeks, and got this EIC form in the mail saying we need to fill it out and mail it in so they can issue our tax return. I tried to look it up online but it wasnt there cause the operator said the "easy" ones go faster and the info doesnt go online. She told me, H & R Block should have had us fill it out.
My question is, Do I have to wait ANOTHER 8-12 weeks to get it? and couldnt I get some money back from H & R Block because they werent as thorough as they said they would be? Wouldnt that be considered a mistake on thier part?
any info is needed. thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • I'm not sure about recovering any funds from H & R Block for their mistake or how that would work. I would take that form to H & R Block though and see if it could be submitted electronically to speed up the process a bit. I would also ask H & R questions about the how long now, they have probably seen this situation before.

    Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:16 AM on May. 17, 2009

  • Why did you pay H&R Block? If you qualify for EIC, the IRS will do your taxes for free. I would contact the IRS to see what your right are.

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.