Ear Tubes and Recovery........

My 11 month old DD just got her tubes friday, everything went great and she is still doing great, I am just wondering of any moms whose babies have had tubes, if their child had a decreased appetite? Today is getting better the friday and saturday she just wouldnt eat much of anything.
of course if it doesnt improve totally i will be calling the doctor, just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES THIS HAD HAPPENED WITH MY TWINS..IT IS TO BE EXPECTED..GIVE IT A COUPLE MORE DAYS..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 10:14 AM on May. 17, 2009

• yes it is normal. My dd is 6 now, and we have had many rounds of tubes. I will say that the first few days she ate mostly popsicles (i know i didn't spell that right lol) but after about the 2nd day or so she started eating "real" foods. Little bits at a time until she was back to normal. Give her a few more days, let her eat pop ice etc :) keep giving motrin to if she seems to be uncomfortable, that is normal, and with my dd was need for about 2 to 3 days as well!
    GL :)
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 10:17 AM on May. 17, 2009