Why are you a stay at home mom?

I'm asking because I was at church this morning and a woman asked me "Is it because you are making so much money, you don't need to work?" That isn't the case for me, though. My case is that we have young children who need to be taken care of and plus I am pregnant. But why are you a stay at home mom? Absolutely no judgment!!

mommyofsix09

Asked by mommyofsix09 at 10:13 AM on May. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because we would loose money if I went to work, what with the cost of gas, daycare, clothes, lunch, ecta.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2009

• same as you...my dh makes enough for our bills to be paid but we can't spend money on stupid stuff like we did when i was working. i have a 2 y/o and am pregnant.... right now noone is going to hire a person who is 6months pregnant
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Becuase even if I could find a job (which I can't... I have tried!) I wouldn't have anyone to watch my 10 month old. And I am just not comfortable leaving her at a day care where I don't know how she is being treated all day. No judgement to anyone who uses day care, I know that people need them, its just not something I personally am comfortable with... plus my husband is working two jobs and we only have one working car so I wouldn't really be able to get to work anyway most of the time... don't know how that would work out.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We can't afford daycare. We make just enough to pay the bills and buy groceries. We don't go on vacation or anything like that. We might buy a movie or a new shirt every few months, that's about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We have to make a lot of sacrifices in order for me to stay home, but my husband and I feel it is a priority for me to be the sole care provider for our children. We wouldn't do things any other way.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• because I am selfish and I do not want to miss out on anythign my son does I dont want a babysitter to see his first steps
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I just don't want stargers raising my kids. I had them and I feel like I need to be there to take care of them. If you have to work, I see nothing wrong with it though.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:20 AM on May. 17, 2009

• We don't make much $ and are serouosly in debt but I still stay home because i like my kids playing with one another, and being with me, who loves them.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:33 AM on May. 17, 2009

• my little boy has speech therapy 2 times a week and is probably about to start getting occupational and physical therapy also so he will probably have 6 therapy sessions a week. plus my hubby doesnt go to work until 2 pm so i have to be here to help him get everything ready (lunch, etc.). i cant work. its not a babysitters responsibility to get my son to and from his therapys and specialist appointments. theres not point in me trying to get a job because i would never be able to work. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My husband and I made the decision together. Im a stay at home because we both feel its best for our kids. My husband works very hard to make this happen for his family. Im where exactly i feel i should be. Home with my kids.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:34 AM on May. 17, 2009