why is everyone else so concerned about my weight!

im a big woman im 5'1 190 lbs so im large but anyways im sick of everyone commenting about it my brother and mother are both athletes like have 6 pack abs im so sick of hearing them say you are getting BIG or if you exercise more often .I DO exercise every single day and I eat right I dont allow garbage food in my home.it feels like nothing I do works. im just sick of everyone else being so concerned about it I will feel ok abotu myself then someone brings it up. my husband says hes ok with my weight but sometimes makes jokes but I think thats because I make jokes about myself. I do not care im a big person why does everyone else

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• They love you and want you to be healthy!

Maybe you have a thyroid problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Wow. I feel for you. If they gang up on you, at their place, I'd say it would be time to leave, since your kids don't need to hear that either. If they're coming to your place, let them know- I am putting up a boundary- you come to my home, you don't embarass me about my weight, and if you do, it's time for you to leave.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• They love you, They want you to live a long, healthy life. They are concerned about the message that your weight (and perhaps the foods that you eat) is sending to your children.
    Here are a few tips, not for weightloss, but for health:
    Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Start replacing white/simple foods (white rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, etc.) with whole grains: brown rice, barley, whole grains breads, tortillas, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, etc. Work your way up to 7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Cut way back on, or elimitate, meat and dairy.
    Eat beans, lentils, tofu.
    Feel free to contact me for meal and recipe ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe the comments bother you because you know deep down that they are right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If your doctor advises you that you are completely healthy and there is no problem, then make that note to them. When they comment say "Thanks for being concerned, but my doctor says there really isn't a problem with my weight, and I am completely comfortable with it. It does hurt my feelings tho, and annoys the beegeebers out of me when you say things like that." Then don't say anymore and allow them to respond. Likely they won't b/c they will be left speechless. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:15 PM on May. 17, 2009