When someone posts...

When someone posts answers that have nothing to do with the question just to make their religion "look better" or poses questions that are only here to put others down (like the ones last night) does it make you think better of that person's religion?

I for one see those posts and feel like the person posting them must belong to a very hateful and ignorant faith, even if they don't. That's the feeling that I get. Posting like that in my opinion is doing the exact opposite of what those posting are trying to do... Instead of makeing other religions look bad they are actually making their own faith look bad, and in turn themselves and their fellow believers... So why do it?

Why post answers like "Christianity is false - run" or "Come back to Jesus" or my favorite "You know you are going to hell." What's the point of all this? Why post at all if you are only here to make yourself look bad?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To be honest I have often wondered if these posters are doing it on porpose. Are they really anti- Christain and posting as one just to make them look bad? Or are they really anti-pagan or anti-whatever and just want to make the religion look bad so they pretend to be a "bad egg" and hide behind the anon so no one knows the difference?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I am a Christian: and I do not like these types of posts either. As Christians we are taught to tell others, but some people just dont get what that means. To me: it doesnt mean scaring people or making them feel horrible, or being obnoxious. To me: it means living a life like Jesus.

He was never obnoxious, he never made people feel bad about their decisions, he never scared people to him. He LOVED them unto himself. Thats what I try to do.

What can I say: Christians arent perfect, they are (like me) HUMAN and make mistakes even with good intent in their heart.

I know these types of posts turn off others to Christians and make us look bad. And for that I am sorry, but I also hope, that they have the right motive. If they are true Christians, than they should. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Sabrina, I used to think you were one of the more tolerant, reasonable posters in this section. Your Post last night and now today reek of trouble starting. Big rag day? Try some of the tolerance your are always preaching about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• To be honest I have often wondered if these posters are doing it on porpose. Are they really anti- Christain and posting as one just to make them look bad?

OMG!!! I have wondered the same thing!!! Some of the things that anon "Christians" say are so offensive that I just don't know how a Christian could be so mean (not saying we are perfect; we are sinners, but we are supposed to show the love of Christ). I was talking to my hubby last night about how some people think that they can use the Bible as a baseball bat to hit people with. But they are not "healing" them spiritually; they are hurting people. I believe the Bible is true, but I have enough respect for it's holiness not to throw it at someone's head.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:47 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I agree Sabrina. I, too, used to enjoy your posts, but this stuff is gone over the edge. Now, I am thinking you are trying to stir up a lot of crap with these posts. I am changing my views of you very fast. This is all so totally unnecessary woman. Please stop now, YOU are making YOURSELF look very ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Xanax, anyone???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think some people like to start drama for their own entertainment. Some people don't really care, or they might think it is funny. I think it is terrible because it makes Christians look so hateful.

I personally, will share my beliefs but I do try and do it in a respectful way. We obviously don't all agree with each other here, but we should show respect for othe people.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:52 AM on May. 17, 2009

• cinnamon, do not assume that every anon on this is Christian. You have not said that, but with one of your remarks I just want to make it clear not every anon is Christian.

*for the record I am the first anon at 9:40 but i am not the 2nd one at 9:48
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• ---and Christians are not the only ones who start drama. I am reading these posts today and more drama is by non-Christians (IMHO)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think Sabrina has a perfectly valid point... as does Cinnammon and anon 10:56. I don't see how something like this means Sabrina is trying to "stir up crap" when there are people who post things about how all Muslims are of the devil and all gays are going to hell, or say flat out that the bible is stupid, etc. THAT is stirring up crap!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:09 AM on May. 17, 2009