my daughter is changing from formula to milk and her belly messed up any ideas?

mkack

Asked by mkack at 10:26 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• does she have diarrhea or constipation?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Try mixing it in slowly. It might help her system get used to it easier. It's not uncommon for this to happen. My daughter doesn't tolerate whole milk, but does just fine with Vitamin D or mixed whole and Skim.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:38 AM on May. 17, 2009

• CHANGE IT SLOWLY. GIVE HER THE FORMULA WITH A LITTLE WHOLE MILK AND SLOWLY INCREASE THE WHOLE MILK EVERY FEW DAYS UNTIL SHE USED TO NO FORMULA
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 11:36 AM on May. 17, 2009

• That is because she is not a baby cow. Give her water to drink. Lots of calcium-rich foods: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    and food with good fats like avocado, egg yolk, hummus with olive oil, etc., organic baby yogurt, ect. www.superbabyfood for more information.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Try giving 2% instead of the whole milk, the whole milk may be too much fat for her. She will get her fat from other sources, like yogurt, cheese, veggies, etc. Always ask her doc when switching foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• When my kids were switching to cow milk, I diluted the milk with water. They didn't get stomach upsets or constipation. As their bodies accepted the switch, I would decrease the amount of water I diluted it with.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:03 PM on May. 17, 2009