Please give advice or tell me about your experienes!

Hi, Im 19 nearly 20. I am in a stable relationship with my fiance who is 27 and are living together in a rented house which we have been in for quite sometime. I am a student that has been accepted on a adult nursing degree starting in september.
We have been discussing recently about trying for a baby. He is in a well paid job and I am just working part time at the moment but we live very comfortably. If we were to have a child I am able to defer my degree and start another year and the university which this is at has great child care facilities for when I go back to uni so I am happy to put my career on hold.
We are very happy together and I was just wanting to hear from some people maybe who have been in a simialr situation or from mums that could offer some advice. I really want a child and feel ready and so does my partner and we are both willing to give up whatever it takes and sacrifice things to be great parents x

Hayley8989

Asked by Hayley8989 at 10:29 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I say go for it. I was in my last semester of college when I got preggers with my son. my husband and I r 6 yrs apart we wanted kids. same thing live comfortably etc.... We now have a beautiful baby boy with another on the way here in a few weeks and we couldn't be happier. We have been married for 5 year now too time flys lol good luck to you girl!!! and screw what everyone else says to you if your ready your ready!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 17, 2009

• 1. A stable relationship is one where you are actually married.
    2. What do you consider well paid? Kids are expensive
    3. Once you point you life towards another path it is very difficult to go back to the original one. Once kid comes along and then maybe another.

If it were me I would finish school, get married and then start a family. There's no rush at your age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Listen i was 19yrs old when i got pregnant i was in the airforce and so was my husband, we have the perfect relationship, but i'll tell u having a kid, u miss out on alot of opportunities, and alot of special time to get to be with ur SO, dont get me wrong i love my son, but i regret missing out on my career, maybe wait a couple years there's no need to rush and u only live once, ur not even old enough to drink. RN only takes 2yrs if ur dedicated 4 for bachleors why not finish it out and then have a kid, ofcourse its ur life and ur going to do what u want. but just take it from someone whose been there.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 2:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If yall are both willing to make sacrafices and you both feel that you are ready i say go for it. Its hard work to raise a child but it is worth it. good luck
    lovebabyslobers

Answer by lovebabyslobers at 3:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think that you would make fine parents, but...if you can wait until you don't have to sacrifice...even though you're willing...it will be best. For example, I'm pregnant, and was just getting ready to finish my last couple of years of school. While I'm extremely happy to be pregnant and in no way regret it, it would have been nice to finish school beforehand. For now, it will be put on hold. If you plan on marrying him, I would also recommend getting married first...not that it may even change much in your relationship, but if you want an actually wedding, they're stressful to plan and it would be easier to do before you have the baby or are pregnant. I personally say give it a bit more time...there's really no rush...it'll happen soon enough. Regardless, I wish you the best. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I conceived my daughter while in college and didn't put my education on hold. I graduate next may with my two bachelors degrees. But my daughter was a welcome surprise rather than a carefully planned baby. If you and he both think you are ready, then go for it. I disagree with people that state you have to be married to be stable. If you both want children, and you both are ready to deal with the joys and stresses of parenting, then go ahead and stop taking preventative measures. Don't make TTC a chore though, because that can add undue stress to the relationship. Just have fun with the baby-making-ritual and don't dwell on it.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2009