Ok, I called my brother back about the Generic Future

I googled and googled last night and could not find anything. My sister is a college instructor she had no idea either. My brother still supports Obama 100% by the way. But his eplanation is this
Everyone will have no luxury, or extra's. They will only be able to afford what they can to survive, a basic house, basic furniture, all the cars will be the same size, everyone will be the same income class, neighborhoods will all look the same.
So then I said-Why would that bother you? And he told me " I really like my TownCar".

His way of thinking made absolutely no sense to me, and get this, he works for the Federal Government going on 25 years now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok without "incentives" what will make peopel wnat to do anything but the genral. We will not have any new inventions becuase why bother? We will have no dostors or lawyers. Why bother? Becuase you will not get regonized for your work and have no goal to achieve. No more nobel peace prize winners either. Such a bleak and dark future we will have.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe he means no one will have anything to strive for? I dunno.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Obama is talking about creating a Generic Future?

Sorry, I'm lost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No, I wanted to know yesterday if anyone had heard of this term before my brother was using. After further explanation by my brother, I see he has no idea of what he is talking about and just being selfish. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2009

• To be totally honest, this sounds like some extreme paranoia.

Perhaps the reason why you googled and googled and didn't find anything is that it is not going to happen and not in the works to happen.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:41 AM on May. 17, 2009

• To be honest with you, he has been treated for paranoia in 2002 for about 6 months. He was mis diagnosed as Shizphrenic at first, but later it was diagnosed as paranoia.
    And he is very selfish and self centered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Ok, thanks for explaining, OP. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If your brother is correct, the future sounds pretty sad. I guess he could be depressed and you mentioned he was treated for a condition in the past. But if he's right, we, as Americans,will be just barely getting by and not able to strive for something better. However, if he means we can't have luxuries and "keep up with the Jones'." you know, then that's just silly. We re already spoiled and have too many "things". Not enough real values. SO, yes, that is interesting but not very believeable. Who knows,though. Working in the Government could open your eyes to some scary secrets,huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe he's not so paranoid afterall.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:25 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No more nobel peace prize winners either.

how do you figure that? and why should greed and glory be the only factors that ever motivate anyone?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:06 PM on May. 17, 2009