i need help asap! please

i had a root canal this past monday. i got pain killers but im out of them. my mouth is hurting so bad all the way up my jaw bone and into my ear. i have already taken 2 tylenol (500 mg each) and its not easing off. does anyone have any tips for what i can do so it will ease off? please and thank you

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 10:47 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You poor thing! Call your dentist first thing in the morning.

http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Ways-to-Ease-Root-Canal-Pain&id=1212370

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Warm and/or cold compresses, whichever works better. Do not leave cold on longer than 1-15 minutes of you may get rebound pain. Call the dentist if it's really bad. If you are allowed to take Advil (I'm not sure if it's allowed as I've never had a root canal) you can alternate Advil and Tylenol (regular strength is preferred) every 2-3 hours for a day or so. (How you break a stubborn fever) I had my sister do this when she ran out of pain pills for her broken arm and she said it worked great, not as well as Vicodin, but beggars can't be choosers.
    Good Luck!
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I totally mistyped that part about the cold compress. 10-15 minutes on cold, or you may get rebound pain from the chilling effect. Personally, I can't handle cold longer than 5 minutes anyway.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• thanks ladies. im debating on using oralgel but im a little nervous because the temporary fix they put over it until i get the crown is cracked (letting air to the nerve every time i breathe) but im getting desperate so im willing to take my chances lol. think i may take one more tylenol and lay on the couch with a cool rag on my face. thanks soooo much :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:02 AM on May. 17, 2009