Trampoline....Yes get it...No don't do it?????

Please tell me what you think and your
experience with a trampoline! :))

Dannee

Asked by Dannee at 10:53 AM on May. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I bought one for my three and we loved it !!! I think it was the best investment we've ever made for the kids....I agree with setting rules though as the poster above me suggests.....and please be prepared for having neighbour kids over frequently......We were very private people and just wanted to be left alone sometimes so we had to set rules for them too....i basically told them, if you see my kids on the trampoline, then you could come over and play, otherwise it was off limits!!!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I am assuming you are referring to one of those big ones out on your lawn?? I would say No. As great of exercise as it may seem, it actually creates more injuries than it's worth. Not only the risk of them falling off, but smashing into each other, soft tissues injuries, broken collar bones, it's all been there with these things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2009

• we never had one as kids but my neighbor did. i used to get on that thing all the time with my brother and friends. we were all jumping and i landed on my foot wrong and i broke it in two places. my brother a few days later was on the trampoline and he got too close to the edge and when he fell his back his the metal bar on the side and cracked a vertebrae in his spine.

SO I WOULD SAY NO WAY!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:05 AM on May. 17, 2009

• As long as you get the net that goes around it, then I say go for it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I would get the net to go around them. But YES trampoline. Kids love em and get good exercise on them. Parents are too paranoid.

Kids will get hurt on anything, my dd fell off of a little tykes slide and busted her head open.........cant protect them from everything all the time.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:24 AM on May. 17, 2009

• No, No, No! You will end up policing the thing all summer long! Even if you tell them "Only one at a time, when you turn your back several will get on it at once. Even one at a time, they can be dangerous. Neighborhood kids will also get on it when you are not home. Not a good idea! To much chance of getting hurt!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 11:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I have a small one for the living room. lol All three of mine love it and it helps them get rid of their extra energy.

If you're thinking of one out in the yard, keep in mind that it will increase your homeowners or renter's insurance (more than likely)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:43 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't get a big one. Not only does it pose health concerns but it might pose property insurance concerns as well. I was also one of the ones that got hurt as a child. Thankfully not as bad as some of the stories above me. My ankle was sprained and a few bumps and bruises.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No Way.....I've never owned one, but my kids have played on friends
    My son got hurt really bad on one, he was jumping with another boy and he landed wrong or something and tore his ACL, he was on crutches for the rest of the summer, that was about 10 years ago and he still has problems with that knee. I think they are very dangerous, and don't allow my kids or grandkids on them. Ask your pedi, I'm sure they'll tell you they have tons of injures from these and would recommend not getting one.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I had one as a kid and even with 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister no one ever had a serious injury from it. However, my youngest ss was on one at the baby sitters one day when he was 2 and he ended up with a broken arm.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2009