Why do I gain 1 or 2 pounds the day after I eat something not healthy?

I am on a diet and I eat quite healthy. I have lost already 110 lbs. The little bit of days that I do decide to eat something not healthy, the next day I have gained one or two pounds. One time I ate a bag of chips medium size and the next day I had gained 2 pounds!!! When I do eat these things, the rest of the day I continue to eat healthy so why does this happen? I am already frustrated with this!!

Darrymagu

Asked by Darrymagu at 10:56 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• The salt is causing water weight not to mention the starch in the chips. try baked chips or the sun chips instead. Drink more water if your going to splurge to clear the salt out and do an extra 30 minutes of exercise to sweat it out. congrats on the weight loss and as long as it goes away its just water weight.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:15 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Probably salt making you gain water weight. Or your body telling you to lay off the chips, but I never listen when mine says the same thing. ;)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:01 AM on May. 17, 2009

• BTW, congrats on the 110lbs, you're obviously doing something right!
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:02 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Thanks so much for the congrats!! Thank you for your answer-it may be the salt...I just wish that I wouldn't gain each time I decide to eat something unhealthy, I mean, I do have the right to treat myself, right?
    Darrymagu

Answer by Darrymagu at 11:12 AM on May. 17, 2009