can she have them?

My dd will be 11 mos on thursday the 21st. We are going to my moms for dinner tonight and my mom bought her chef boyardee dinosaurs (ya know like spaghetti Os) and im not sure if she can have them? What do you ladies think? She has 6 teeth and has eaten big people food before but i always just do foods shes had (ie, cooked green beans, carrots, mashed potatoes, and things like that) my mom said shes fine to eat them BUT when she was 9 mos my mom also said to give her scrambled eggs which i know is a no no so im asking, what age did you ladies give your LO's foods like spaghetti Os and chef boyardee

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 10:57 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No harm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Our daughter is 8 months old and only eats table food. If your worried about the mess then rinse most of the sauce off.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:00 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I'd say yes, if you're worried just watch closely. My DD has been eating spaghetti and such since about 8 months old. Eggs are a no-no b/c of food allergy issues, you can make your own call on those, my DD started eggs around 9 months or so. Just go easy on the canned stuff b/c of preservatives like salt in them. No big deal to give them to her as a treat at Grandma's though. ;) She'll probably love them, and make sure she's in diaper only, much easier clean up.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:00 AM on May. 17, 2009

• both of my kids eat them. they are 18 months and 3 years. but they started eating them a few months ago. my daughter was around 10 months. i take a spoon (spatula) that has holes in it and get the majority of the sauce off of the dinosaurs. the sauce is mild and not as spicy as some of the other chef boyardee sauces. it is fine.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:02 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I say yes, but wouldn't make it a habit.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:04 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I give my daughter eggs, tuna and everything and she is fine. She ate baby food for a week and decided she wanted table food so we monitor what she eats to avoid an allergic reaction that we are unsure of what caused it. Like I said before she is 8 months and here soon were cutting down on her formula and working milk into her daily feedings as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:05 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I fed both of my kids table foods when they began getting teeth, I treated the chef stuff the same way I did anything else, i just cut it up into smaller pieces. I made sure that I sat close to them any time they ate so I was there in case they needed me. This would be a good treat at grandmas. But you are the mom so it is your call. But for me I did it and it looks like other mommies have too. Best wishes
    snowbaby99brk

Answer by snowbaby99brk at 11:06 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Teeth don't matter because they don't chew with their front teeth. They don't use teeth to chew until they get molars.

I don't see a problem with it unless she's had a problem with one of the ingredients before (pasta, tomato sauce, etc) My kids ate everything we ate (including eggs) by 9 months, so take it for what it's worth, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:29 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Are you concerned about the processed part? Or about the general ingredients? I mean it's processed, but otherwise, it's fine. Some babies don't tolerate tomatoes well, but the worst that will happen is explosive diarrhea. That sounds really bad now that I write it, lol. The food shouldn't be too much for her because it's mushy. We don't give our kids canned spaghetti / sauce or anything, just because it's cheaper and healthier to make it from scratch. But my baby started eating spaghetti at about a year.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Babies can have scrambled eggs but only the inside part! It's the outside (white part) that babies if they are going to have allergies are allergic too.

I tend to stay away from foods like that, in part because I dont want my girls to "get an appetitie" for processed foods. It's always better to go natural and organic. Check the ingrediant list on there and make sure you can pronounce what's in it! It always makes it tricky when you have to tell a parent no they can't feed x y z. The response is well, I guess it's good that you lived through your childhood! Best of luck
    RoJomomtwo

Answer by RoJomomtwo at 12:21 PM on May. 17, 2009