contractions and sex?

ok so i know that you contract when you have an Orgasm but will this help your contractions get closer and harder? Seems like every time we have sex my contractions are really strong for up to 8 hours after but then they get lighter (still hurt) just not as bad. So anyways it this good or bad for the baby I am 36 weeks and at a 2 70% effaced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way at 36 weeks and she was born at 39 and 1 day. If they go away they are not true contractions they are braxton hicks preparing your body for labor. Be sure to drink fluids and rest as the lungs are not usually mature enough until late into 37-38 weeks. I would have hard contractions after sex as well but they would go away once I rested.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:07 AM on May. 17, 2009

• if i were you I would stop having sex until you get a little closer to your due date. maybe 38 weeks. just be careful what you do to cause contractions this early. baby is full term but lungs are just becoming fully developed. so hold off on sex for two weeks or so. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Some docs recommend sex to help get labor started. Something in the semen helps to soften the cervix along with the orgasm for contractions. But I would definitely mention this to your doctor b/c 36 weeks isn't long enough. (Although I'm sure you think it is!)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:15 AM on May. 17, 2009