How to get donations for Susan G. Komen for the Cure?

My SIL is trying to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. In the month she's emailed people only one has went to the link and donated. It was a $5 donation from a co-worker. Our family is large enough that if each family donated that same $5 we could help her come close to her goal. Any suggestion to get them more interested?
I wanted to send an additional email to them. This is the link I needed help with:

http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/GlobalRaceForTheCure/GlobalRace?px=4044920&pg=personal&fr_id=1140&et=Ds4ZgwOutqxe8ahDOynBCw..&s_tafId=20280
Click here to view the team page for Southern Maryland Walkers

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 11:09 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep resending the emails, mail out letters, buy candy and sell it for $1 to raise the money. Do a car wash or a bake sale.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:11 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Can you open a website promoting this fund? Drive people to your website and put in a paypal donation link. You can also build a Squidoo Lens, there is a donation button you can add to that on the site. If you'd like to know about a website, I have an article for you to read: How to Build a Business Website

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:13 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I did a breast cancer walk in honor of my husband's grandmother.

I am the only person who donated. I sponsored MYSELF.

Even his mother (the daughter of the grandmother) didn't donate, nor did FIL!!

People are too apathetic these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I agree totally. My thing was that we all waste $5 in one week. Whether it's McDonalds, Starbucks, or a coctail on Friday's girls night out. We have atleast 50 members of our family. Even if each family donated $5, she should have been able to reach her goal and some.

We can not live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2009