20 degree temp change?

has anyone heard of this that when the temp goes up dramatically that more women go into labor? wise tale of true?

Moe727

Asked by Moe727 at 11:19 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine never went up. It stayed the same. It could be a sign of infection or an illness. 20 degrees is a lot and if your regular temp is 98 or 99 then you would be dead. If its only 70 degrees then you would also be in the wrong end of the spectrum for it to be 20 degrees over.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:23 AM on May. 17, 2009

• If you do the math from 98 up 20 degree's would be 118 and in order for it to be in the normal to high range you would have to be in the 78 degree range to like 85. do you mean 2 degree's?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:24 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think she meant the weather... I've never heard that one....
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Me either and if my temp went up 20 degrees I think I would be on fire and not in labor and the weather outside going up that much didn't work in my case, it was 78 out the day I went into labor and was snowing 3 days later. I guess she should have said body temp or weather temp.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• well my coffee lady was saying that her hubby had to work all weekend because they staff up on days where the weather changes dramatically it was 60 here yesterday and 81 today so just wondering if you had heard of it lol sorry I didn't say weather
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 11:57 AM on May. 17, 2009